Friday, May 13, 2011

March 17 Reflection- Technology

We discussed various types of technology that can be used in the classroom. Ipods (which amazed me), internet games, video games, simulations, and virtual reality games are some ways that students can be involved with their learning. They all can be used for different reasons.Video games are great for getting a student to form ideas and strategies which call for critical thinking. Simulations are an effective way for students to experience something that can really happen. The simple games on the internet can teach them their lesson while letting them have fun, like a math game that compliments them when they are correct. Although these are all effective, there is a time for each of these. For example, I won't let my 2nd grade students play a virtual reality game if I'm teaching them Amelia Bedelia. For that, a simple game on the internet that makes them put the story in order will be just fine. It is up to the teacher to know when, where, and how to assimilate the different kinds of technology in their classroom's.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Monique the first lesson was very interesting. Before this class I did not consider involving technology in my classrooms. however now I can see how effective it is. I still feel that teachers should not let technology replace them the technology should serve as a tool which compliments the teachers teaching methods.

    ReplyDelete